Moscow 07. 2020
Held in Saint Petersburg
For piano only
1. The Saint Petersburg International Music Competition (hereafter referred to as the “Competition”) will be held in Moscow (piano) in July 2020. The founder of the Competition is the Government of the Russian Federation.
2. The Competition is for piano only.
3. The Competition is open to musicians from all countries in the world. The age limit of participants as of the date of the Competition opening (July 2020) for instrumentalists not older than 40 years of age inclusive.
First-prize winners of previous Saint Petersburg International Music Competitions are not permitted to compete again.
4. The Competition has no limit in the number of instrumentalists. Contestants will be selected by expert juries designated by the Organizing Committee of the Competition as per the results of a qualifying recording preliminary (based on submitted application materials and online video program screening).
5. Official address of the Competition Directorate:
Directorate of the Saint Petersburg International Music Competition
Federal Directorate of Performing Arts «Rosconcert»
Arkhangelsky pereulok, 10/2, Moscow, Russia, 101000
Phone: +852 5622 6025
The Application deadline is 5 June 2020. The application to the Competition must be submitted through personal account on the Competition website and include the following documents and materials:
- application form (duly completed and signed);
- copy of the candidate's identification document (birth certificate or passport);
- detailed competition repertory (indicating the key of compositions, related parts, and duration of the video selection and Competition program). Changes to the repertory will not be accepted;
-video program recorded for application to the Competition, which must be unedited and recorded between March 2020 and June 2020, strictly at one venue. The video must be submitted electronically as a web-link. (Applicants are solely responsible for the functionality of web-links.) Videos should be made by one fixed camera without interruption during the performance of one piece of music and show a musician as he/she is seen from the audience perspective (in full growth);
-Bank transfer receipt (account number and SWIFT/BIC codes)
2. Upon filing the application, the applicant must pay a non-refundable registration fee of USD $200 or its equivalent in RUR at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of Russia as of the payment date. The application fee does not include the bank transfer fee.
The bank transfer fee should be paid by the applicant in addition to the amount of USD $200. The copy of the bank transfer of the application fee should be enclosed with the application documents. The application will not be considered without the application fee. The application fee is considered paid after the receipt in the account of the Directorate. The payment must be made by bank transfer to the following account:
In the US dollars:
Account name: Federal Management of Art Projects «Rosconcert»
INN (Russian tax ID): 7704011869
Address: Arkhangelsky pereulok, 10/2, Moscow, Russia, 101000
Account number: 4050 1840 5128 0000 0000 (US dollar account)
3. The application form must be completed either in English or Russian. Incomplete applications or applications without required accompanying materials will not be accepted. Applicants should keep copies of all materials sent. Submitted materials cannot be returned. The Competition Directorate will confirm receipt of complete applications.
1. The Competition consists of a qualifying (recording preliminary) round (based on online video selections) and one live round: Round I (final).
1.1. The qualifying (recording preliminary) round (based on online video selections) evaluates all candidates who have submitted all necessary application documents and materials. The selection of candidates for participation in the qualifying round (recording preliminary) will be made on the basis of the proper submittal of video recordings and application documents.
The selection committee reserves the right to immediately admit first-prize winners of competitions which are members of the World Federation of International Competitions, and the All-Russian Music Competition.
1.2. Participating in Round I (final) no limit in the number of instrumentalists.
2. Juries of each category reserve the right to change the order of contestants.
3. Participants will be provided with practice facilities and will be given rehearsal times before Round I (final) in a rehearsal room.
4. Contestants must perform their repertory by memory.
5. The Competition will be held in accordance with the schedule published on the official website of the Competition.
6. All performances will be open to the public.
7. Contestants are not permitted to have contact with any jury member during their participation in the Competition. Failure to observe this rule may lead to disqualification of the contestant.
8. The results of the round will be announced after the last performance of the round.
1. Contestants admitted to Round I (final) and their accompanists (pianists) will be provided with hotel accommodation (double occupancy) from the date stated on the official invitation until the end of the contestant’s participation in the Competition.
The Competition Directorate will NOT purchase airline or train tickets to Saint Petersburg or Moscow for the constestant who has been admitted to Round I (final).
The return air ticket in economy class, or train ticket from Saint Petersburg or Moscow, to the contestant’s place of residence will NOT be purchased by the Directorate after the end of participation in the Competition or gala concert.
2. Contestants who receive an invitation to participate in the Competition and who live in countries with a visa regime with the Russian Federation should contact their nearest Russian Consulate to obtain a Russian visa. The Directorate will provide all necessary invitations; however, the Directorate will not be responsible for obtaining visas and related costs.
3. Contestants who participate in the Competition but refuse to perform for any reason must bear all costs for their accommodation and travel.
4. For under age participants, the Directorate will NOT additionally pay for travel and accommodation of their accompanying person.
PRIZES AND AWARDS
1. The Organizing Committee of the Saint Petersburg International Music Competition will only present one Grand Prix winner from among all the first-prize winners from all categories.
2. Based on the results achieved and within the established number of awards the juries reserve the right:
a) not to award all prizes;
b) to divide prizes between contestants (with the exception of Grand Prix and 1st Prize).
3. The participants of Round I (final) who do not receive a prize, determined by the respective jury for each category, will be awarded with a Diploma.
4. Decisions of the juries are final and not revocable.
5. In the case that a First prize in any of the categories is not awarded, the Organizing Committee reserves the right to award the First prize from among the finalists.
8. In coordination with the Organizing Committee it is possible to establish special and additional prizes and awards by any state, commercial, public, or creative organizations, both Russian and foreign. Terms for such prizes and awards must be agreed with the Organizing Committee.
1. Finalists will be required to perform without compensation in the closing ceremonies and winners' concerts in July 2020 in Moscow.
2. All rounds of the Competition may be broadcasted live and recorded for future video and audio broadcasts and publications. The Competition will be partially or fully available for viewing via the Internet.
3. All rights to broadcast audio and video recordings of Competition rounds, and the final concerts featuring winners, at no performance fee to contestants, belong to the Directorate of the Competition, as well as for the sale and distribution of these materials.
4. Contestants must sign a document confirming no claims on their part on the use by the Directorate and its authorized representatives of the above-mentioned audio and video materials. The Directorate and its authorized representatives do not have any financial obligations to the contestants for the use of materials obtained.
5. Upon agreement with the Directorate, the top three prizewinners in each category will perform without compensation a maximum of two solo recitals each as a promotional aid for the next Saint Petersburg International Music Competition.
6. The Directorate does not provide contestants with any kind of insurance.
7. Contestants must not have any other professional commitments while participating in the Competition.
8. The application signed by the candidate for participation in the Competition serves as evidence that the potential participant of the Competition fully accepts and undertakes to fulfill the present Conditions noted in this document.
9. All information posted on the official website of the Competition is correct at the time of publication. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make changes, if circumstances so require. In case of any disagreements in the interpretation of the Russian and English versions, the Russian version will prevail.
Conditions of Saint Petersburg International Music Competition
Artistic and General Director
Apply to Preliminary
For any futher information or applying to the competition, please call:
An artistic competition is a traditional starting point for gifted young musicians as it gives them a chance to encounter the admiration of the general public, gain recognition from the global professional community, and start a brilliant international career. In Russia the Competition is considered a landmark of national musical culture. Each of its editions is one of the key events in the social and cultural life of the country.