Moscow 07. 2020
For any futher information or applying to the competition, please call:
Preliminaries transfer: Saint Petersburg International Piano Competition Preliminaries
In view of the risk of the spread of the novel coronavirus outbreak, all preliminaries of the Saint Petersburg International Piano Competition originally scheduled in May 2020 will be transferred to recording preliminary. Contestants from China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and other Asian countries can apply through the following links, the deadline for the application is Friday, 5th June, 2020.
Application for contestants from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan and other Asian countries:
Application for contestants from China:
For enquiries, please contact the Directorate of Saint Petersburg International Music Competition at firstname.lastname@example.org or browse our official website www.stpetersburgcomp.org.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Directorate of Saint Petersburg International Music Competition
(Thursday, 27th February, 2020 12 noon)
Apply to Preliminary
The Application deadline is 5 June 2020. The application to the Competition must be submitted through personal account on the Competition website and include the following documents and materials:
- application form (duly completed and signed);
- copy of the candidate's identification document (birth certificate or passport);
- detailed competition repertory (indicating the key of compositions, related parts, and duration of the video selection and Competition program). Changes to the repertory will not be accepted;
-video program recorded for application to the Competition, which must be unedited and recorded between March 2020 and June 2020, strictly at one venue. The video must be submitted electronically as a web-link. (Applicants are solely responsible for the functionality of web-links.) Videos should be made by one fixed camera without interruption during the performance of one piece of music and show a musician as he/she is seen from the audience perspective (in full growth);
-Bank transfer receipt (account number and SWIFT/BIC codes)
2. Upon filing the application, the applicant must pay a non-refundable registration fee of USD $200 or its equivalent in RUR at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of Russia as of the payment date. The application fee does not include the bank transfer fee.
The bank transfer fee should be paid by the applicant in addition to the amount of USD $200. The copy of the bank transfer of the application fee should be enclosed with the application documents. The application will not be considered without the application fee. The application fee is considered paid after the receipt in the account of the Directorate. The payment must be made by bank transfer to the following account:
In the US dollars:
Account name: Federal Management of Art Projects «Rosconcert»
INN (Russian tax ID): 7704011869
Address: Arkhangelsky pereulok, 10/2, Moscow, Russia, 101000
Account number: 4050 1840 5128 0000 0000 (US dollar account)
3. The application form must be completed either in English or Russian. Incomplete applications or applications without required accompanying materials will not be accepted. Applicants should keep copies of all materials sent. Submitted materials cannot be returned. The Competition Directorate will confirm receipt of complete applications.
1. The Competition consists of a qualifying (recording preliminary) round (based on online video selections) and one live round: Round I (final).
1.1. The qualifying (recording preliminary) round (based on online video selections) evaluates all candidates who have submitted all necessary application documents and materials. The selection of candidates for participation in the qualifying round (recording preliminary) will be made on the basis of the proper submittal of video recordings and application documents.
The selection committee reserves the right to immediately admit first-prize winners of competitions which are members of the World Federation of International Competitions, and the All-Russian Music Competition.
1.2. Participating in Round I (final) no limit in the number of instrumentalists.
2. Juries of each category reserve the right to change the order of contestants.
3. Participants will be provided with practice facilities and will be given rehearsal times before Round I (final) in a rehearsal room.
4. Contestants must perform their repertory by memory.
5. The Competition will be held in accordance with the schedule published on the official website of the Competition.
6. All performances will be open to the public.
7. Contestants are not permitted to have contact with any jury member during their participation in the Competition. Failure to observe this rule may lead to disqualification of the contestant.
8. The results of the round will be announced after the last performance of the round.
1. Contestants admitted to Round I (final) and their accompanists (pianists) will be provided with hotel accommodation (double occupancy) from the date stated on the official invitation until the end of the contestant’s participation in the Competition.
The Competition Directorate will NOT purchase airline or train tickets to Saint Petersburg or Moscow for the constestant who has been admitted to Round I (final).
The return air ticket in economy class, or train ticket from Saint Petersburg or Moscow, to the contestant’s place of residence will NOT be purchased by the Directorate after the end of participation in the Competition or gala concert.
2. Contestants who receive an invitation to participate in the Competition and who live in countries with a visa regime with the Russian Federation should contact their nearest Russian Consulate to obtain a Russian visa. The Directorate will provide all necessary invitations; however, the Directorate will not be responsible for obtaining visas and related costs.
3. Contestants who participate in the Competition but refuse to perform for any reason must bear all costs for their accommodation and travel.
4. For under age participants, the Directorate will NOT additionally pay for travel and accommodation of their accompanying person.